Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lugano, Switzerland

On Karol's birthday we took a day trip to Lugano, Switzerland. Lugano is located in southern Switzerland, in the Italian-speaking canton of Ticino, which boarders Italy. It sits on the edge of Lake Lugano, between two mountains. The trip from Vicenza to Lugano was about 4 hours, but well worth it! It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!






The flowers in the park were just amazing!!







Even the Swiss have discovered McDonald's!!

These little cars are all over Europe. They are called Smart cars. I think they are really cute, but somehow just can't picture my family trying to get inside at one time!! LOL.

We didn't take pictures - because we were too busy shopping - but we found an incredible chocolate shop in Lugano! One can't go to Switzerland and not buy chocolate! I also bought Wade and Caleb each a Swiss Army Knife. Appropriate, huh?


The Gelato Girls


The Little Gelato Girls

Just a note: This was my first time to try gelato. Oh my goodness! How have I lived without it? It was just about the most incredible thing I've ever put in my mouth - and I'm not a huge fan of ice cream, mind you. I guess it's a good thing God called me to a corner of the world where gelato is unheard of! I just don't think I could handle the temptation on a daily basis! If you've never tried it...DO!



No comments: