Early Monday morning, July 9th, we loaded the car (and I mean REALLY loaded) and got on the Autostrada and headed to Austria! (FYI - the Autostrada is the Italian version of the Autobahn.)
For many years, my dream has been to visit Austria. Isn't God good to give us the desires of our heart, even when we aren't expecting it? It was a trip of a lifetime.
Disclaimer....I'll warn you now that I took about a million pictures and it will take several posts to cover our 3 1/2 days in Salzburg! So, for those of you who are tired of my never-ending trip photos, just skip on over to August. I'll never know!
Now, let's start at the very beginning....
As you travel along the Autostrada, you will encounter several of these Autogrills. It's a restaurant/rest stop/store/gas station that is built across the road. (You can see the truck driving through.) We stopped at this Autogrill for breakfast.
Several hours down the road, we stopped at a little park and had a picnic lunch. Ahh. A picnic in the Alps - does it get any prettier than this?!


We finally arrived in Salzburg, after only one missed turn. Karol drove the whole way and I navigated. I must confess, reading the Italy map was MUCH EASIER than reading the Austrian map! At least for this English-speaking little girl!


Let's check out the view!

It also didn't take us long to locate all the necessary eating establishments!
And for those of you who may be wondering, a Big Mac tastes the same in Europe as it does in Asia, as it does in America!

But maybe the signs are a little fancier!



No comments:
Post a Comment