Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...

So for those of you who have been following this blog, you've probably been wondering what all those dads and kids were doing while all the moms were in Hong Kong. Well, I can't answer for everyone's family, but I can tell you what the Crocker and Allen crews were doing.
Wade and Tony took the kids (yes, all 7 of them) to Calapan, Mindoro. (Calapan happens to be my favorite place in the Philippines!) They stayed in the OMF Missionary Guesthouse there and spent most every day on the beach - quite a change for kids that live in Mongolia!
I can't tell you much about the following pictures (seeing as how I wasn't there) but at least you can see what our families were up to while we were hanging out in Hong Kong.

Laura got a text from Tony one day saying they had found a lizard. He said the kids were so excited that you would've thought it was Godzilla!!

The beautiful beaches of Calapan, Mindoro
Building sand castles

Even Isaac got in on the action!

Anna shows off what she found.

Caleb loves to run into the waves - or at least the small ones.

The kids were very facinated with some guys who were out fishing on the beach.

After the fishermen pulled in their nets, the kids got to help them throw the fish into a bucket.

Yes, this is a REAL shark. And yes, it was dead!
The story I got said a guy came walking along the beach and he'd just caught this shark. He was on his way to the market with it and he let Caleb hold it. How cool is that?!



A special thanks to all the dads that stayed home with the kids in order for their wives to attend the ladies conference in Hong Kong. We appreciate you!






No comments: