Tuesday, February 27, 2007

China in a Day - Part Two

The main stop on our China tour was a place called "Splendid China." I found the following description of Splendid China on the internet:

Splendid China, spreading over an area of 30 hectares, is the largest miniature park in the world. Eighty-four replicas of typical Chinese ancient buildings, natural landscapes and folk dwellings, which reflect the Chinese history and culture of 5000 years, have been constructed on a scale of 1:15. Among them are the Great Wall of China, the Imperial Palace, the Temple of Confucius, the Three Gorges of the Yangtze River and the like. It enables you to have the vision of skimming through the Chinese history at every step and touring around China in one day

One of the first things we noticed at Splendid China was the incredible landscaping! I could do a whole post here just of the beautiful plants and flowers we saw. I'll give you just a sampling.
(Just a note: These pictures are a combination of my pictures, my mom's and Dar's. I can't take credit for all of them. Thanks Mom and Dar for sharing!)


Here are some of the things we saw on our tour of Splendid China.






Some things are the same in ANY language!

I took a picture of these big "bubbles" mainly to show to Carly and Caleb. They were putting one child in each bubble and they would move around inside them to make them move and bump into the other ones. It looked like so much fun! I really hope someday I can bring my kids back here, not only to ride in the bubbles but to learn more about China and its people! They would love this place!


(In case you're wondering...this was staged!!)


After we finished Splendid China, our tour took us to a large shopping center for a while before we took the train back into Hong Kong. At this point, we were all sooooo tired that absolutely anything was funny! (Ever been there? ) We referred to this state of mind as "Conference Hangover!" LOL

And while some of us were laughing/crying all the way back....

...some found other ways to pass the time!

It was good to get back to Hong Kong and find something we didn't have to eat with chopsticks!


George & Laura (by a) Bush

(Remember, we were really tired and ANYTHING was funny!)


This was one of our last meals all together - The Spaghetti House! I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I'm amazed we weren't kicked out of the restaurant!
All in all, the week in Hong Kong and China was AMAZING! The spiritual nourishment, the fellowship, the worship, the adventures, the laughter, the tears, the walking, the shopping, the eating - all will long be remembered.
To those of you who made the effort to come and help with this conference, thank you from the bottom of my heart! You'll never know what your presence meant to us.
To Dar and Des, after all our plans and prayers, it actually happened! We said from the beginning that this was bigger than any of us. To God be the Glory!
To Laura and Aunt Linda, thanks for making the effort to come. It wouldn't have been the same without you!
And to my Heavenly Father, thank you for calling me to be a small part of what You are doing in Asia-Pacific.
Until they all hear!



No comments: