Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas in Conway

The Philippines has the longest official Christmas season of any country in the world. Here, Christmas lasts for all 4 "BER" months....SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER and DecemBER. I still can't get used to hearing Christmas music on the radio or in the stores beginning on September 1st!
This year I remember walking through a store sometime during October (I think) and hearing the song, "I'll Be Home for Christmas." I thought to myself...."Yeah, I wish!" I NEVER expected God to fulfill that desire! I can't say I particularly enjoyed the way He did it, but it sure was nice to be home for Christmas!
Here are some pictures of Christmas with my family in Conway.


Joanna's parents, George & Jerene Reddin, and brother, Samuel

Carly & Caleb pose in front of Minnie's tree


Don't you wish Caleb would be a little more expressive about how he feels?! LOL.

Carly & Caleb gave their Minnie a Minnie (Mouse)

And gave Uncle Sam some cool Razorback pillows

On Christmas Eve, the kids decided to write letters to Santa and leave cookies and milk. (Not sure why they did this. We've never really done the "Santa" thing with them. Maybe it was because there's a real chimney at Minnie & Papaw's house?)

Don't know if you can tell from this picture, but Carly drew that picture of Santa. It was really good! Also, notice the carrots for the reindeer! Ha ha


Wade's parents, John & Linda Allen, drove down for the day and we spent Christmas day with both families - something we've never done before.

After lunch, we all drove to my parents' cabin for the afternoon. Sam and I watched football while the others played dominoes. I think Wade and Dad were the champions of the day.

Even after opening all her gifts, one of the highlights of the day for Carly was eating fresh strawberries - a very rare find in the Philippines.

No comments: