Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Taste of Home

While I was in Hong Kong, Wade and the kids went to spend a few days with the Murphy family in Cebu. After my Hong Kong trip, I joined them there for a couple of days. On our way home, we spent a couple of days in Manila to meet some friends, Bro. Bobby and Mrs. Ruth Bowman, who were on their way to Bacolod City. The Bowmans had volunteered to bring 2 suitcases from my mom, filled with all kinds of "goodies." Since the Bowmans had to catch another flight, we only had a little time to visit with them over breakfast. But it was wonderful to hear news from back home. And we greatly appreciate their generosity of bringing some special treats from Minnie!!

Carly and Caleb with Bro. Bobby and Mrs. Ruth

The flight back to Legazpi was unusually clear so we took advantage of the opportunity to get some great pictures of Mayon.





As soon as we arrived at the house, it was time to open the suitcases from Minnie. (Well, we actually only opened one because the other was full of Christmas presents and we have to wait!)
You can see what Carly was most excited to open!

But she became quite defensive when Dad tried to "share" (umm...steal)!


While Dad and Carly were busy fighting over the Cheese-Nips, Mom opened one of her goodies...Twinkies! Yum!


When we talked to Minnie and she asked what we wanted from Wal-Mart, Caleb quickly replied that he wanted some "Cars" cars! Especially 'Mater!

(If you look closely, you can see Caleb had also had his share of Cheese-Nips.)

Another special treat was that Caleb received a Hot Wheels set from his buddy, Turner Aultman. Thanks, Turner!

And thanks, Minnie, for sending some special treats that remind us of home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I enjoyed these pictures more than anybody! I love to see the kids' reactions as much as I enjoy packing those boxes and wishing I could be there to see them open the box! This is next best thing, so thanks a million. And how great is it when someone (like the Bowmans) is willing to carry an extra suitcase so we can do things like this! It's something we will always remember. Minnie