Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spreading Our Wings!

On our last full day in Beijing, our friends had classes so Sarah and I had an entire day to venture out on our own and spread our wings. Thankfully, we managed to make it to the Olympic Village, back to a market we'd visited earlier in the week and took a taxi back to our apartment, even though we couldn't communicate with the driver AT ALL! LOL. We had a blast and didn't even get lost!

 The Olympic venue for cycling


 We needed this to ensure we didn't get lost!

 Sarah and I and a few hundred of our closest Chinese friends!!

 We found it!!! We found the Birds' Nest!!

 The torch



 So cool to actually be here!!!


 Proof that we were actually there!!


 Our first sighting of the Water Cube.



 Found a large sign of Yao Ming.

 You are here.


 Everyone was flying these cool kites. 

 Trying to take a pic of ourselves with the Water Cube in the background. Forgot the zoom was on! FAIL!!

 That's better :)


 Solo shot


 These mascot guys were wandering around so I took a picture. Then I got in trouble for taking a picture! Supposedly the only way to get a picture is if you pay to have one taken by their photographer. Oh well, at least I had already gotten one. ;)

 One last shot of the Birds' Nest Stadium.


 (Snuck a couple more shots of the mascot guys. I'm such a rebel!!!)


 I love how there's an official sign pointing the way to KFC!

 After the Olympic Village, we made our way across Beijing and found this market. We were slightly proud of ourselves for making it this far on our own!

So we decided to reward ourselves with a sweet treat to end a sweet day!!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

That's quite a stadium. So you can get a Blizzard over there. Sure wish Ukraine would get with it. We don't hardly have anything but McD's. Good Ukrainian food tho'.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to warn you that you're blog is apparently being followed by a man named Chris Price who claims to be a pastor. This man, however, evidences a lack of compassion on a blog he writes, where he makes outrageously offensive comments about a people whose history he does not know, and chooses not to learn about in order to realize that his comments ARE offensive, insensitive, painful, and plainly wrong. While being ignorant, and as a result being offensive, is one thing, but stubbornly refusing to enlighten oneself, and opening oneself to sins one might be committing is un-Christian, and certainly not worthy of a person claiming to be a pastor. Just wanted to share this with you. God Bless.