Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's the Year of the Rabbit!!

On Friday afternoon, our hosts decided to take us out and about. First, we went to the Silk Market for some more great bargaining!! While we were on the subway on the way to the market, our friends "blessed" us with the next head-gear they had bought for us.....


Bunny ears. No joke. They made us wear them the entire afternoon. This is the Year of the Rabbit and sadly, we weren't the only ones wearing bunny ears around town!!

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

"Are you kidding me? At least the panda hats were warm!"

The TOTAL rabbit experience!

The Cindy Lou Who bunny

The I'm-really-too-cool-for-this bunny!

One of the things I purchased in the Silk Market was a Chinese signature stamp for Carly that she can use to stamp her artwork. I picked one out that was made of jade and had an ox carved on top of it, because she was born in the year of the Ox. I asked this guy if he could make the design to say MK Art and then say her name in Chinese.

Here he's doing the carving

After our experience at the Silk Market, the girls took us to eat Beijing Noodles. Had NO IDEA what we were about to eat, but they assured us it was good. The menu sure didn't clear up any of the mystery of what was to come! LOL.


Here's a video of a man in the restaurant making the noodles!

They brought us plain noodles with several little bowls of stuff that you mix in with the noodles. It looks like this when it's all mixed up. Delicious!!



We were really into the noodles!!


On they way home, we HAD to stop into Starbucks so that I could add to my collection of city mugs. :)

Can I just say how much that I love these 3 ladies? Thank you, Father, for putting them in my life. I am blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

Abi's Blog said...

What a wonderful trip for all of you. I know you were a great encouragement! Praying for you and so appreciate your service. Love keeping up with your blog.
Blessings,
Ava