Monday, May 18, 2009

Taekwondo Competition

After morning worship and the GMA presentation, we rushed over to Lasalle University for Caleb to compete in his first taekwondo competition! He won his first batch by default because the other guy didn't show up.



Getting lined up with his opponent

Can you find the one blond American kid??

Warming up with his instructor

Praying with dad before he took the mat


Caleb's 1st match - part one



Caleb's 1st match - part two

I stopped taping just before they declared Caleb the winner. Way to go, bud!!


Whew, it was really hot in that gym!!


This is just before the championship match. This match ended up going into a tie-break and Caleb lost. But he did win 2nd place in the over-all tournament!! I thought that was pretty good for his first time to ever compete.

I think I was more nervous about this competition than anyone else! I honestly didn't know how Caleb would do and I was just praying he wouldn't get hurt or get blown away! LOL. Little did I know I have a little champion in the making! Of course I was proud of how well he competed, but I was most proud to see him be a good loser. There will be more chances to compete and win, but losing builds character and my baby boy made his mama proud.



This is Caleb with his best buddy from his gym.



No comments: