Disclaimer: This post contains many pictures and not so many words.
After spending a week in Palestine, we met up with the Murphy family in Tyler at the Caldwell Zoo. (Connie and the boys had just arrived from the Philippines.)
When we lived in Palestine, we LOVED the Caldwell Zoo. It was one of our favorite places to take our kids, who were much younger at the time. We have the greatest memory of Carly playing peek-a-boo with a giraffe through a knot hole in the wooden fence!
I passed the camera off to Wade - mainly bc I wanted to visit with Connie - so there's not many pictures of humans, but he got some really cool shots of the animals. Enjoy!!
You know you're in Texas when one of the first animals you see is a longhorn!!
They have recently added a really cool bird exhibit. You enter a larger-than-life bird cage and buy a popsicle stick covered with bird seed. Then you feed the birds, up close and personal.
The Otter.....Mom's favorite animal. :)
These pics are just proof that Wade had the camera!!
I don't do snakes.
Ooops. This one got out of his cage!!!
Does he look like a king, or what?!
That's gotta be an uncomfortable way to eat dinner.
Allen & Murphy crew - Carly, Jamin, Caleb and Jess
The Murphys also brought their cousins with them.
Dude....this guy stunk!!
Beautiful!! I think God was showing off when he made these guys!
As much as we love the Caldwell Zoo, that's not our main reason for going to Tyler!!
Doesn't get any better than Mercado's!!

1 comment:
This makes me want to go to the zoo!! I haven't been in AGES! Seriously...like...over 13 years. :S
What fun though!! :)
Post a Comment