Well, we've been back home in Bacolod City now for almost a month. And wow, what a month it has been! We had about a week at home full of unpacking, settling back in, getting the car in running order again, seeing all the folks we'd missed, etc. Then on February 6th, the four of us flew back to Manila to meet a team of ladies from the States. These ladies were coming here for the Asia-Pacific Women's Conference. After a couple of days in Manila, we headed south for about 3 hours to the retreat center. We had an INCREDIBLE week together. I will post more info and pictures soon!
After the conference, we traveled back to Manila and then several of the team members were able to fly to Bacolod with us for several days. What a fun time we had showing them around our island, our city, our home and our church! Then I flew back to Manila with the team and they headed home early the next morning. I stayed an extra day in Manila in order to meet up with an old friend for lunch and a movie. A very special blessing to visit with her again after several years.
Meanwhile, I've been fighting some sort of infection/virus with a nasty cough! Once I got back from Manila, I spent a couple of days flat on my back in bed. Mostly I just needed some rest. It was the first real break I'd had since Christmas!!
I'm feeling better now, but still coughing some. Our big event this week was starting back to school. We haven't done any school since right before Christmas, so getting back into the swing of things has been quite a challenge! However, it feels so nice to almost be in a regular routine again!
In the midst of all this chaos, I got a new car! It's a huge blessing to be a two-car family again!! I'll post pics soon.
Now that we're home and getting back into a normal routine, I'm hoping to little by little post all the pictures from our furlough. We were in the States almost 8 months, so there are tons of pictures!!
I just posted all our pictures from last June. Just go to the archive link on the right and click on June 2009. I would love to hear your comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment