Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

We were able to celebrate Valentine's Day while at the Homeschooling Conference (see previous post). Carly had made this valentine for me the week before - while I was in Hong Kong - and packed it in her suitcase. Once again, my daughter's creativity came shining through!!






How cute is this? A Hershey's kiss valentine card. When I opened the foil cover, there was a message on the inside. One of the best valentines I've ever received!


On the evening of the 14th, the team from Green Valley divided up the adults and kids. Half the team took the kids to one room and put on quite a Valentine's party - or at least those were the reports we received. (Sorry, no pics. I kept the camera with me.) The other half of the team put on a wonderful Valentine's Banquet for the parents. I can't even remember the last time Wade and I went to a Valentine's Banquet, so this was a real treat. They had the tables beautifully set, had romantic music playing in the background, candles burning and then they proceeded to SERVE us!! Such a treat!



Here we pose for a pic with Robert and Connie



The kids were so excited after their party to show us their goodie bags! (Plus, I think they were on a sugar high!!!)




Somehow, I was "crowned" with the table decorations?!



Thank you, Green Valley, for making Valentine's Day very special both for us parents and also for our kiddos. Once again, you guys went above and beyond!


No comments: